About the position
WireMock is on a mission to build better tools for developers who work with API’s. Our software makes it easy to mock any API you depend on, improving productivity and allowing developers to keep building software rather than wait for finicky or incomplete API’s. WireMock delivers the popular WireMock open source software and WireMock Cloud which is built on top of it. WireMock is used by thousands of companies around the world such as Paylocity, PayPal, Intuit, OVO Energy, IHG, Ingenico and more than 2M developers.
About the Role
We are looking for our first US Sales Engineer to join our team. This is a critical role within the company. This person will wear multiple hats that include running demos for potential customers, running customer sessions, assisting customers with POC’s, helping customers solve problems when needed, writing technical content, guiding customers when new features are released and expanding usage of current customers. The Sales Engineer will report directly to the CEO.
- Develop and run engaging demos for potential customers
- Partnering with our sales team to provide technical expertise and support
- Being the point person for our customers when they encounter a technical challenge
- Although our product is relatively self-serve, being the point of contact for customers when needed
- Building relationships with our customers during the sales process and beyond.
- Guiding customers when new features are released and expanding usage of current customers
- 5+ years of experience as a developer and 2+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer
- Product knowledge, you are a subject matter expert and have significant experience in the API space
- Clear communicator, with not only developers but also the internal sales and technical team.
- Have created technical content and product videos in past professional roles.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Work in the office 2-3 days a week and be an integral part of building the culture of Wiremock.