Java/Kotlin Product Engineer
About the position
Compensation range: £90-110k per annum
WireMock Cloud is on a mission to build better tools for developers who work with APIs. Our software makes it easy to mock any API you depend on, improving productivity and allowing developers to keep building software rather than waiting for finicky or incomplete APIs. It’s built on the popular WireMock open source framework, and by the same creators.
We’re looking for a Java/Kotlin developer who has a solid understanding of networking and HTTP, experience building complex web applications and an eye for quality balanced by pragmatism about delivery.
The right candidate will have a disciplined approach to code quality and be comfortable using TDD, trunk-based development and continuous integration/delivery practices.
They’ll also have the desire to gain a deep understanding of the product and its customers, and the ability to contribute to product design decisions. They’ll also want to write and speak to our community about the product, API mocking and related topics.
- Design, build, test and support backend features in the commercial SaaS product.
- Create, maintain and support cloud infrastructure.
- Write documentation, contribute to article/tutorial content.
- Contribute to the WireMock open source projects.
- Occasionally help customers and community members with technical queries.
- At least 8 years professional software development experience, of which the majority should be in Java or another JVM language.
- Recently written production code in Kotlin.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design.
- Experience working at least one mainstream SQL database in a production application.
- Basic familiarity with Docker.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Able to work autonomously and take initiative when remote.
- UK based and willing to work in London 1 day per week.
Nice to have:
- Experience developing against AWS services - ECS, EC2 and RDS in particular.
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure via configuration-as-code.
- Experience with gRPC, GraphQL or websockets development.